Making space steaks is easier than you might think. Start off by heating the skillet with ½-¾ cups of Cannabutter. Add the beef cuts once sizzling. Then add salt & pepper and any other spices you may want. Cook each side for about 3 - 6 minutes. Rub any of the extra cannabutter left over in the pan onto the cooked steak. It's now ready to serve.
How to Make the CannaButter?
It’s important to have your Cannabutter ready. If you already have some- then use away, but if you are now making some, here is how the process goes:
First, the cooking ratio: Utilize approximately 1 cup of butter (2 US standard sticks) for every ½ ounce of marijuana.
- Begin with spreading your ground nuggets, shake or trim evenly onto a baking sheet with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 240 Degrees Fahrenheit/115 Degrees Celsius, and bake for about 40-50 minutes. You pot will turn out very dry, but this is the result you want.
- In a medium cooking pan, heat up 1-2 quarts of water and allow this to get hot. Once ready, throw in your sticks of butter (remember, 2 sticks for ½ ounce weed). Keep the heat on medium-low to slowly melt the butter
- Once the butter has melted, add in those dank buds you just decarbed in the oven. Stir the mixture from time to time. Allow it to cook on your lowest heat setting for 2½-3½ hours.
- Once the mixture has slow cooked long enough, take a cheesecloth and place it over a bowl big enough to hold your batch of butter. Pour the mixture over the cheesecloth and into the bowl carefully. Wrap the cheesecloth and give it a squeeze to extract any remaining oil
- Let the mixture cool for about 45 minutes, then place it in the fridge to cool further. When you put this THC laden concoction in the fridge, overtime the top layer will rise apart from the water. This is the part you are going to peel off once it’s completely separated. Be sure all extra water is scraped off and store your fresh reefer extract in a jar or air-tight container
Now, here’s the perfect opportunity to put this butter to good use- let’s start making our Space Steaks!
The Space Steaks Recipe
- Heat up your skillet with the ½-¾ cup of the Cannabutter you just made. Once it’s sizzling, throw your beef cuts on the skillet.
- Add your salt and pepper to taste, plus any other spices you like on your steak. Cook each side for about 3-6 minutes or until it is the color that appeals to you
- Take your basting brush and rub some of the extra Cannabutter left over in the pan onto your cooked steaks for a little extra kick of Mary Jane
Your space steaks are now complete and ready to enjoy!
The health benefits of marijuana are endless and can be included into a diverse pallet of food flavors and colorful dishes. Never be shy to use this magical plant in the meals you love. Luckily for reefer fanatics, there is almost no recipe that can’t be made 420-friendly. So, next time you’re in the kitchen, add a little-or a lot- of fragrant ganja to your dishes.